Announcing the 2023 Jengyee Prize – Win A $2000 Scholarship!
Attention all Berkeley undergraduates! The 2023 Jengyee Prize – Leadership for a Better World — is now accepting applications. The $2,000 prize is awarded annually and is open to all undergraduate students with a sophomore or higher standing, regardless of gender, race, creed, or national origin.
Closing the Gender Gap in Engineering
The IEOR department is excited to announce that the majority of IEOR students self-identify as women or non-binary.
What is IEOR?
In this award-winning video, IEOR students explain what industrial engineering & operations research is, how their skills can improve the world, and discuss exciting careers in IEOR.
- IEOR is the process of inventing and designing ways to analyze and improve complex systems.
- IEOR improves processes to create a better world.
- IEOR utilizes math and statistics to understand and quantify the world around us.
- IEOR leverages computing to better manage the massive amounts of information available today.
- IEOR informs business strategy and operations to help leaders of industry and government make better decisions that save time and resources.