Academic Visiting Scholar
The IEOR Visiting Scholars Program allows researchers from academia to visit the Department of Industrial Engineering & Operations Research at the University of California, Berkeley to develop research projects, collaborate with world-renowned faculty, be part of the world's #1 public university, and be embedded in the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, the world's leading innovation hub.
- Scholars can visit for up to one year.
- Scholars will have access to an office in the department.
- Scholars must have a research topic that they wish to pursue while at Berkeley.
- There is a $5,000 department fee + visa fees + a campus fee of $750.
- International visitor information (J-1 Exchange Visitors)
- J Scholar Financial Requirements
- Required Funding Documentation
- Cost of Attendance: Example Household Budgets
For more information and to apply please send a short paragraph of interest and CV to Keith McAleer.
Industrial Visiting Scholars
For information about how scholars from companies can visit the department, please contact Keith McAleer, at email@example.com.
510 / 642-6222
Keith works with faculty, alumni, students, and staff to develop and implement communications plans and strategies for IEOR and the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology. He also manages the relationship with the IEOR advisory board and works to engage alumni through events and membership. Contact Keith if you are an alum interested in sharing your story, making a donation, or interested in the Corporate Partnership Program.