WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Wealth Actuarial Analyst
Mercer’s Wealth consultants design long-term wealth benefit programs that ensure appropriate support for retired employees while respecting an organization’s strategy, culture and budget. Our Wealth Financial Management framework, supported by state-of-the-art tools, enables us to produce measurable retirement plan improvements.
If you are ready to venture down our Wealth Consultant’s career path, be prepared for significant client exposure and a high level of responsibility early in your career.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, business finance, or other related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- A commitment to working towards a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation as demonstrated by having successfully passed, being registered to take, or studying for at least one SOA exam or other related professional certification
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Work with clients to figure out what strategy works best for the development and enhancement of their retirement benefit programs
- Use software and stochastic modeling tools to assist clients with the financial measurement of their retirement benefit programs
- Analyze client data to track historical and future employment trends and their impact on retirement benefit programs and funding
- Keep clients updated on regulated or legislated changes that affect the ongoing administration of their retirement benefit programs
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Develop your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, and even 1 day off for community service!
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.