View job on Handshake
- Do you have 12 days this summer to work with and learn from a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer – we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
THE POSITION: WEALTH INVESTMENT CONSULTING VIRTUAL EXTERNSHIP
Mercer’s Wealth business is a leading global provider of investment and retirement services. We offer customized guidance at every stage of the investment and retirement decision. For more than 40 years, Mercer’s Wealth business has provided advice and solutions to corporate pension funds and 401(k) plans, foundations, endowments, wealth managers and other institutional investors.
As a Wealth Extern there are opportunities on both our Consulting track and our Actuarial track. In both tracks, you will be exposed to a fast-paced, energetic, action-oriented environment. Over the course of 2 weeks and 70 hours, we will provide you with systems training, sample project work, analyst shadowing, group networking, mentorship and team building activities. This program is a fast track to a final round interview for a 2022 summer internship or full time analyst position.
To learn more about Mercer’s Wealth practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Progress toward a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or other business-related areas,
- Rising senior in fall 2022 or spring 2023
- Record of top academic achievement. (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0/4.0)
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Available virtually from August 1 through August 16, 2022
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Mercer Wealth business
- Use simulated projects to realize impactful solutions that could benefit major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Be introduced to Mercer Wealth solutions and technology
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Mentorship and possible offer for a 2023full time analyst opportunities
- Pay for this opportunity is $20/hour
- Fun learning and team building events
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial, Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity) Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Candidates must apply by submitting an application on our website and completing a HireVue digital interview by following the link below by February 16, 2022: You will be contacted between February 28 and March 2 only if you are selected for a final round interview which will be held the week of March 7.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer. For more information, visit http://careers.mmc.com/ follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @lifeatmercer or subscribe to BRINK. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh McLennan offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.