TTS NAM – VP Global Payment Operations
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. This role is part of Global Payment Operations under Citi’s Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) organization.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade solutions to financial institutions, public sector, and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 90+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. TTS is a highly innovative organization with a strong digital agenda; new products and services are continuously being developed to meet our clients rapidly evolving treasury requirements and unlock new opportunities for growth.
This is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team supporting clients in the movement of funds, intra-day funds management, and compliance. The objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of high volume cash management and transaction services.
- Manage NAM Global Payment Operations team covering US, Canada, and Mexico payment clearing functions
- Manage staff performance including quality and productivity measurements
- Oversee quality reviews and results, budget, policy formulation, and planning
- Operate in a fast-paced environment that requires management of work queues, either directly or through others
- Work with various teams to improve operational efficiency of departments under remit
- Ensure a robust risk and control framework
- Work closely with Risk & Control partners to ensure management self-assessments, corrective action plans, and other Risk and Control deliverables are completed on time
- Work with Client Service Teams to ensure client escalations are addressed timely
- Act as an escalation point for time sensitive and critical issues
- Drive the operations agenda to deliver on overall Operations & Technology projects and deliver within plan
- Work with Product and Technology partners to build and deliver cutting edge digital tools and assist client facing teams with roll out
- Resolve highly complex and varying issues that have substantial potential impact
- Apply comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Negotiate internally, often at senior levels (across functions) and with external parties, as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Experience in trade / cash operations and management, in a banking industry, managing large teams preferred
- In-depth Cash/Trade product and operations knowledge preferred
- Robust strategic leadership and people management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Comfortable being able to present data to stakeholders
- Ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts / requirements and related product / functional knowledge
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to give focused attention to details and deliver high quality work while managing competing priorities under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills with ability to work and partner globally across different geographic locations
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Operations – Transaction Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.