Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking an experienced vibration analyst/engineer for its Monroeville, PA location, which is located just a few miles from Pittsburgh. BPMI maintains an expert team of machinery health analysts to directly interface with our Nation’s fleet and ensure continued safe operation of critical reactor components. We are seeking new team members to perform data collection onboard submarines and aircraft carriers, interface with Navy personnel, and perform detailed data analysis of rotating machinery.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, supply chain management, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
• Perform vibration data collection, vibration data analysis, software modeling and programming, and engineering evaluations primarily for Flow Control Equipment and other assigned tasks supporting the Fleet Pump Support Unit.
• Perform routine and emergent data collection onboard submarines and aircraft carriers to support machinery health assessments. Approximately 10-15% travel is required to support fleet data collection.
• Evaluate machinery health and condition of Reactor Coolant Pumps and other rotating equipment, through detailed analysis of vibration data.
• Develop software modelling and programs to maintain and improve vibration data analysts’ ability to process data.
• Develop special test programs and instrumentation to evaluate machinery health.
• Perform troubleshooting of equipment and instrumentation related to data collection systems.
• Develop, procure, and maintain equipment to support testing and data collection, including ownership of information technology program requirements.
• Interface with key stakeholders including government personnel, Squadron, Ships Force, and Shipyard to effectively plan and execute data collection trips and develop improvements for fleet data submittals.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in vibration data analysis.
• Knowledge of vibration data and analysis techniques.
• Experience interfacing with internal teams and external suppliers.
• Experience or interest in computer programming and simulation software (e.g., MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python).
• Experience with machine learning and innovation in machinery health assessments is preferred.
• Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. To work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a vaccination requirement, mask mandate, and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training