Reporting to the Sr Repo Dealer, Money Markets and Fixed Income Group, Treasury Department (NY), the Money Market/Repo Dealer is responsible for executing on Repo trades. Products include overnight repos, term repos, tri-party, reverses and buy /sell back agreements. Trades are executed on behalf of SMBC NY as well as SMBC global branches (Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore etc.).
As part of the Treasury Department, the Money Market/ Repo Dealer works closely with a senior member of the team and performs transactional duties to include due diligence, document processing, and financial/statistical analysis. This role is directly involved in client business activities.
· Complies with all FRB, State and Federal regulations
· Executes on trades on a daily basis. Consults with management for trade decisions
· Quantifies risk using Delta, VAR and credit quality of securities
· Works with Relationship Managers and Middle office to share market data and customer information especially Tri-Party
· Communicates market information to other SMBC staff and management.
· Conducts research and provides information to Relationship Managers and customers
· Stays up-to-date on Repo market and governing regulations.
· Works in developing customer relationships especially Tri-Party accounts
· Interacts with SMBC staff to ensure proper trade management and settlement.
· Executes repo transactions for SMBC Branch entities.
· Assists in managing and monitoring market and liquidity risk
· Works in developing methods and processes to enhance profitability and/or mitigate operational risk
· Assists in managing and developing tools for collateral management.
· Proven deep interest in the financial markets
· Strong knowledge of U.S. regulatory requirements.
· Strong knowledge of markets and specifically Repo market
· Familiarity with Bond Products and reports funding.
· Strong research and reporting capabilities
· Strong knowledge of general banking and banking products.
· Ability to build relationships with Relationship Managers and customers.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate and present facts.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment