View job on Handshake
We are seeking a Transportation Analyst to support project managers in analyzing critical issues in sustainable transportation, transportation planning, asset and land use management, transportation operations, travel demand management, environmental policies, trainings, and technology development. The projects will primarily support federal projects with clients at the U.S. Department of Transportation, as well as other state and regional transportation agencies. Transportation Analysts work on multiple projects concurrently and assume an active role on project teams.
The Transportation Analyst should have a general background or interest in sustainable transportation, especially federal policies and programs, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and strong inter-personal skills. Quantitative analysis skills are also desirable. The Transportation Analyst will be expected to work as part of teams to execute tasks that support the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services.
This position offers significant potential for professional growth and advancement.
This position will be in ICF’s Arlington, VA office.
- Contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems, including through the use of Excel
- Supporting interviews and survey efforts
- Analyzing peer-reviewed literature and other technical reports
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Ensuring work products meet federal compliance standards.
- Supporting workshops and webinars
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public policy, economics, environmental science, political science, transportation engineering, or related subjects.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated interest and background in transportation and sustainability issues, especially federal, state, and regional policies and programs
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with Excel functions
- A high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Able to work well both in teams and independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ICF offers a competitive benefits package and talent development programs, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.