View job on Handshake
At Caterpillar, we’re working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Transportation Analyst in Morton, IL.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
As a Transportation Analyst, you are involved in the optimization of Prime Product transportation flow that is coming in to the US or built domestically in the US, heading to a dealer located in North America.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with collaboration between Caterpillar facilities, approved Service Providers (ocean carriers, freight forwarders, truck carriers, etc.) and Caterpillar dealers with regards to the transportation of Prime Product
- Contributes to the implementation of both operational and technological solutions to reduce performance gaps, improve velocity, and reduce costs within the transportation network
- Provides analytical insights to leadership and internal customers to generate fact driven solutions
- Uses tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, SalesForce and Tableau to drive transportation tracking and process flow improvements
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited university/college earning a minimum Bachelor’s degree in one of the following degree programs: Business Administration/Business Management, Statistics, Math, Logistics, Engineering Management, Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering/Technology, Logistics, Manufacturing Systems, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, Supply Chain Management
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 scale (no rounding)
- Graduation date between December 2021 to December 2022
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong data analytical skills
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous experience, co-op, or internship in a manufacturing or operations organization
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibit of critical thinking and initiative
- Knowledge of transportation and logistics, order to delivery, engineering and/or manufacturing principles
This position does offer relocation
This position requires 10% or less travel
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.