A technical support customer service internship is designed to provide students with practical knowledge of customer service related issues in a service organization. Typical duties interns perform during a customer service internship include understanding customers’ queries and requests, processing customer requests, forwarding issues to seniors, attending training sessions designed for customer service associates and performing administrative tasks being assigned by Customer Support Manager. Metrics gathering and trend analysis will also be taught during internship.
A customer service internship is generally offered to students pursuing studies in a customer-service oriented course in Information Technology or Enterprise Software Lifecycle. Excellent customer service skills and clear communications are essential.
Location: Mountain View, California
Term: 4 Months
Primary functionality is to fulfill the day to day support account administration needs for strategic customer groups: Enterprise Standard, Alliances Program Members (Elite level); and to serve as an escalation point for customer issues. Will proactively track and monitor customer technical support requests to ensure cases are handled efficiently and effectively as well as to identify trends and areas of improvement. Will build relationships with strategic customers to enhance existing relationships and customer SAT. Will work closely with both the SSS’ and Escalation Managers (EM) teams to drive resolution for serious and critical issues. Will also provide mentoring and coaching to the SSS team and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- You will be responsible for all Customer Support activities related to AtHoc products among all customers worldwide.
- The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for maintaining a professional and satisfied relationship with clients and customers by providing product and service troubleshooting while educating about the features and benefits of the product.
- The Customer Support Engineer makes use of knowledge bases and proprietary troubleshooting techniques to resolve a customer’s technical issue in a timely and cost-effective.
- Provide high quality technical customer support with resolutions per Service Level Agreement.
- Willingness to work some weekends to support 24x7x365.
- Diagnose, document and track cases to closure.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction and strong relationships with customers.
- Manage escalations working with Engineering, Services and Account Management teams.
- Enhance knowledge-base, documentation and support policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in a technology related discipline
- Previous support-related experience dealing with customers in a technical support environment is preferred
- Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in a customer-centric culture
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for assisting others
- Must be capable of working effectively at a technical level with internal partners and carry out proven application of sound troubleshooting strategy
- Demonstrate ability to track and manage issues until they are fully resolved
- Ability to organize and present data in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of data flow, logging awareness, interpretation, methodology and systematic troubleshooting. enterprise activation and handheld code installation
- Solid ability to be flexible and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
AtHoc, a division of Blackberry is the pioneer and recognized market leader in next-generation emergency communications software for the security and safety market. Fundamental to our mission at AtHoc is the development of innovative products used for the critical endeavor of saving lives. We’re seeking dedicated, bright and highly motivated interns who want to make a difference and share in our accomplishments and passion. We provide a culture that encourages different perspectives and new ways of thinking toward a common, aligned goal and shared vision: to bring innovative solutions to market and advance the safety, security, and protection of people and property around the world.
Join a principled customer-focused team that is transforming an industry and has earned the trust of hundreds of customers and millions of users within the U.S. military, federal government, homeland security agencies, healthcare, fortune 500 companies and higher education institutions. At AtHoc, we recognize that the talent and drive of our people is a vital key to our continued success.