View job on Handshake
Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
We are looking for a Technical Analyst to join our team! The Technical Analyst role is an entry level technical position that is designed to prepare the employee for all potential Technical Pathways within Inductive Automation. This position can be full time or part time. As a Technical Analyst, you get a strong basic knowledge of our product, Ignition, and its subsystems. You will learn about the industrial automation industry and the way that Ignition is used in a variety of sub-industries.
A Technical Analyst will participate in a structured training program that will include Inductive University, in-person training, and passing the Ignition Core Certification test. This role will also participate in a variety of activities that will support the Technical Support Department, while getting a broad experience with the software, associated technologies, and the activities of other departments within Inductive Automation. This role is required to work in-office (Folsom, CA).
- Understand Inductive Automation software, their applications, and features
- Support ticket triage by collecting information from customers about the various issues they are facing
- Learn how to identify different categories of issues and how to prioritize them
- Assist the training department in grading certification tests
- Support ticket research by researching potential bugs or writing effective bug reports
- In progress with a College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiarity with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- We require this position to work in office (Folsom, CA)
- It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan-medical, dental, and vision
Find Your Balance
- We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that’s why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Flex Your Time
- Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs
Work from Home
- Remote work is available for most of our open positions
Save for the Future
- We help employees save for the future with our company matching 401k program
Take in the View
- Based in Folsom, on a beautiful nature preserve
Escape Your Workspace
- Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or Foosball
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.