The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting inter-disciplinary research. The Department currently has 18 faculty, 3 postdoctoral research fellows and approximately 25 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations, including but not limited to, novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. The post-doctoral research fellow will collaborate with faculty members within the department on statistical genomics and bioinformatics methodology projects, along with, collaboration on collaborative cancer research projects. Supervision and mentorship of the post-doctoral research fellow will be under the direction of Dr. Brooke Fridley, Department Chair.
For more information, visit our website –
- Fellows in cancer biology and data science work in unison to attack a complex biological or population scale problem, bringing together critical puzzle pieces that drive interdisciplinary team science.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
- Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, statistical genomics and/or bioinformatics.
- Programming experience in statistical program R and scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
- Knowledge in biology or genetics is desired but not required.
- Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.