View job on Handshake
The Water and Wastewater Services (WWS) Information Technology Division is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Systems Analyst. *This is a non-remote work position. The candidate for this position functions as a Web Applications Specialist responsible for planning, developing, testing, and maintaining web applications with software development frameworks such as Microsoft .NET.
The Systems Analyst requires a highly specialized skill set, supporting mission critical applications such as Utility Billing and Asset Management. The Systems Analyst is also responsible for configurations, data migration, application security, high availability, version upgrades and supporting business customers’ needs.
The candidate must be available to troubleshoot critical issues after-hours as necessary, which includes nights, weekends, and holidays. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and hands-on experience effectively working with technical and non-technical personnel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, developing, testing, and monitoring web applications through the development lifecycle.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Creating website layouts/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices, including responsive page designs for mobile applications.
- Integrating applications data with various back-end services and databases.
- Working with Business Intelligence reporting tools to create, design, and write reports.
- Working with customers/clients to translate functional business requirements into technical specifications, designs, and solutions.
- Analyzing, supporting, upgrading, and maintaining a variety of system applications.
- Assisting with integration of vendor tasks and reviewing deliverables with customers, team, or staff.
- A two (2) year degree from an accredited trade, technical or vocational school, college, or university, with major coursework in computer science or closely related field. (Two years of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education).
- 4+ years experience in systems analysis and applications programming or closely related experience.
- A valid Florida Class “E” Driver’s License for duration of hire.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Certifications in any of the following: Linux, Microsoft (i.e., Dynamics 365, Azure, Windows Server 2019 or newer), ITIL V3 or higher, Oracle, Computer Security, Programming/Database, or Infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience working with BI/Reporting tools like Crystal reports, Power BI.
- 3+ years of experience with Web Development tools such as HTML 5, Visual Studio, SharePoint, Team Foundation Server; or 3+ years of experience with PL/SQL or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in supporting and configuring Customer Utility Billing and/or Asset Management application software.
- 3+ years of experience in Mobile Application Development.
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases, such as Oracle and SQL Server.