A Systems Analyst analyzes procedures, methods and operations of computer-based information systems; designs, implements, and recommends information systems to improve the efficiency and economy of City operations; performs cost benefit and feasibility analyses related to the modification of existing computer-based information systems, the maintenance and support of information systems, or the implementation of new computer-based systems; accesses and analyzes information from automated files using high-level retrieval languages.
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a major in a closely related field; or
2. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and two years of full-time paid experience in a class at the level of Management Assistant which provides experience in:
- the development, analysis, implementation or major modification of new or existing computer-based information systems or relational databases; or
- performing cost benefit, feasibility and requirements analysis for a large-scale computer-based information system; or
- performing system implementation and support activities including software and hardware acquisition, installation, modifications to system configuration, system and application upgrade installation.