UPPCO seeks a System Analyst to join their I.T. team in Marquette, Michigan. This position offers applicants a hybrid remote work schedule available 20%-80% of work week after initial 90-day onboarding and job orientation. If you prefer to be in-office full-time, that’s fine too.
The System Analyst supports and maintains the System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system by performing highly skilled and technical work that involves solving complex problems, and working with vendors to test, document and implement timely solutions. You will work and learn from our SCADA system technical lead to become a resource for this system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and document customized SCADA screens, support and improve energy management system screens, data points, control logic, alarm configurations, energy accounting, and energy market network interface. Create and document standards to be followed ensuring quality and consistency of the software/data.
- Diagnose problems, research options, recommend solutions, implement approved changes, and document processes used regarding changes to the SCADA system and/or other software systems.
- Develops and configure operational reports and quality control processes to support, automate, and improve the company’s energy management and system operations functions.
- Work closely with engineering and other utility companies on the configuration of system operations software enhancements, components, and data interfaces.
- Assist with Meter Data Management Agent (MDMA) activities including assessing load data and routine true-up to actual meter reads found in statistical reports.
- Coordinate with representatives of interconnected Balancing Authorities to agree on load interchange totals; supply final month-end load data to accounting.
- Provide technical support and training, as needed.
- Maintain SCADA and SQL server databases and database backups.
- Create documentation for I.T. processes and user applications for various knowledge bases.
- Create impact study reports showing how changes in the SCADA system would impact before they happen.
- Work with UPPCO and SCADA vendor on patches and upgrades.
- Serve as a Helpdesk resource to document and resolve user’s issues/requests.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $48,693 – $64,924 annually based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, UPPCO places great value in its team by offering a rich benefit and relocation package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electric Technology, Computer Science, or a related computer field required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with computer applications, C++ programming, and resolving technical issues with software systems and/or web programs required.
- At least 1 year experience supporting a Linux/Unix environment required.
- Advanced user skills with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while remaining organized.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel (up to 10%), as needed.
- Ability to participate in after-hours and on-call support if needed.
- Must reside within a 30-minute commute, under normal driving conditions, of the Marquette office.
- Experience working in the electric utility industry with SCADA systems and electrical system terminology.
- Proficiency working with a SQL server database, software development, complex data analysis, queries, and reporting.
- Experience with electric power systems including design and operation, creating/maintaining electric utility construction drawings, standards, and specifications.