View job on Handshake
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they have helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
Our Supply Department consists of four major areas: Procurement & Supplier Performance, Supply Operations & Inventory, Fuel & Environmental Management and Continuous Improvement. We have intern opportunities in all.
Union Pacific Railroad is seeking a high-energy, hard-working intern to provide support for our Finance Department. This position will be administered as a year-round, paid internship and provides hands-on experience in a fast-paced business environment with one of America’s leading transportation and logistics companies. The work schedule is flexible and can be designed to accommodate the course commitments of the successful candidate. A flexible work schedule includes up to 40 hours per week during the summer months and up to 25 hours per week during the academic year. If you are a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills and have an interest in expanding your skills with a Fortune 200 Company, come work for Union Pacific Railroad and help us revolutionize the way we build America!
As an intern, you will build knowledge and experience in our core business groups and their vision, business objectives, processes, systems, and services. You will have extensive contact with peers and interaction with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put leadership, technical skills, and business knowledge to immediate use through high value project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College credits equivalent to one year toward an undergraduate degree
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Basic organization/prioritization skills and time/project management skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills
- Solid understanding of basic supply chain concepts and processes