View job on Handshake
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of position: Involved in the overall planning, implementation and optimization of all activities and support required for delivery of products to customers from material acquisition through distribution for multiple programs. Primary areas include order management, material requirements planning, inventory management and ensuring customer requirements are met through our contract manufacturers.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Organization, maintenance and review of orders placed on extranet site for external Contract manufacturers
• Open Order Review, maintenance, and reconciliation of orders for multiple commercial organizations
• Submission of request for quotes (RFQ’s) to CM’s (creates and maintains contractual documents in order request system)
• Thorough tracking and communication surrounding order requests and potential issues (processing, commit dates, quote dates, ship dates etc.)
• Complete Purchase Orders and track orders to invoice completion including receipts in ERP systems including both PeopleSoft and SAP
• Manage and control product inventory located at different Contract Manufacturers to ensure order demand is met; including movement from supplier to supplier
• Ensure schedules and targets are met for commercial organization
• Assist Supervisor with metrics and reporting tools as necessary
• Support Supervisor with CM extranet SharePoint site maintenance when necessary
• Execution of procurement strategies, managing order placement based on supplier capabilities, capacity, pricing and inventory availability
• Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives; identifying, implementing and executing changes to standard operating procedures
• <5% domestic
• Bachelor’s Degree (Supply Chain, engineering or business preferred)
• 1 to 3 years of experience in a Supply Chain Planning environment
• APICS CPIM / CSCP certification or certification in progress is desired
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Sharepoint)
• Significant attention to detail, coordination, and communication with many functions within Corning and companies outside of Corning.
• Ability to collect and analyze data
• Attention to detail and process management skills
Desired Experience/Qualifications /Skills:
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft or ERP systems
• PowerBI development and administration; to convert raw data into meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand dashboards and reports
• Basic glass product and processing knowledge and understanding
• Familiarity with SolidWorks PDF and DXF drawings
• Demonstrated ability to learn and handle multiple tasks
• Independent worker who is able to troubleshoot and find appropriate resources for timely resolution
• Basic Understanding of supply chain functions and roles
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.