This position works with the Supply Chain Supervisor and Production Supervisors to perform the planning, purchasing, and execution of production schedules. The Supply Chain Specialist collaborates and coordinates; customer requirements, sales direction and production capability to ensure real time communication of service needs. Track record of providing high quality customer-focused service using in-depth knowledge of products and processes resulting in enhanced customer maintenance. A creative problem-solver who is energized by dealing with a variety of challenges in a time sensitive environment. Order fulfillment is handled within Minigrip production and shipping guidelines with all proper documentation from the purchase order, picking ticket, bill of lading and billing. In addition, the Supply Chain Specialist works in a fast paced environment with a team of customer service, inventory, production, and supply chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
- Willing to interact with customers, suppliers and all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills/ very proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Proven problem solving leadership skills in a team environment
- Willing to advance beyond this position
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, xxxcustomers, and business partners
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and demands
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required
JOB TASKS & DUTIES
- Assist and coordinate with customer service representative on orders, allocations, requests, and any other tasks as needed by Supply Chain Supervisor
- Process/ enter purchase orders from customers
- Maintain production schedule for Extrusion, Conversion, and Cartoning
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Production Supervisors to make sure all packages, work in progress materials, and finished goods are available for production.
- Update and maintain production specific instructions for an item.
- Verifies receipts of packaging material into AS400 and IBS databases as needed
- Have working knowledge of Customer Service, Inventory, and Import WIP and supply support when necessary.
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- Monitor containers, track inbound loads, and monitor demerges