At Caterpillar, we’re working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst in Morton, IL.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
As a Supply Chain Planning Analyst, you will perform work on project teams involving material suppliers and facility Supply Chain personnel to increase supplier capability. Participate in lean events to deliver tools, processes and expertise to Cat’s suppliers to enable them to replenish material to Caterpillar pull trigger systems and develop the supplier plan for every part. Using quantitative methods such as data mining and statistical techniques to solve problems is also a key skill needed for this role. This position contributes to this mission by leveraging his or her quantitative analysis, data management and data visualization skills as an individual contributor to project teams tasked with solving business problems.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analytics-based research supporting project teams
- Ad-hoc data analysis, data processing, and data visualization
- Works with suppliers to build lean supply chain capability in the areas of material replenishment to facilities, improved Sales and Operations Planning, high-velocity throughput, optimized logistics and capacity planning. This position works on project teams comprised of multi-functional resources, including facility supply chain planning, site global purchasing, operations, receiving, Global Transportation, Demand and Orders, Material Requirements Planning and Logistics.
- Participates in lean events and works collaboratively with suppliers and multiple facility functions to address and resolve supplier issues using root cause and corrective action (RCCA).
- Performs tactical work to develop supplier value stream maps and to develop supplier plans for every part. This position works on project teams improving material flow and preparing suppliers to respond to pull triggers.
- Addresses day-to-day supplier constraints to improve supplier performance and their ability to flexibly and rapidly respond to Caterpillar requirements.
- Performs work to deploy pull replenishment at supplier facilities, including supplier inventory sizing activities. The incumbent performs the Supply Chain Planning Process with suppliers, providing support to project teams.
- Works on projects to implement improved supplier collaboration with Caterpillar and third-party service providers using common collaboration technologies.
- Supports and facilitates supplier interaction with facility packaging and transportation resources to optimize packaging, containerization, point of use presentation, barcode labeling, ASN compliance, enhanced communications related to quality improvements, and improving carrier selection and transportation container optimization.
- A current student, or recent grad, attending a 4-year accredited university/college earning a minimum Bachelors’ degree in one of the following degree programs:
Supply Chain Management | Business Administration/Business Management with a minor/focus in Supply Chain, Statistics, Math or Logistics | Engineering Management | Industrial Distribution | Industrial Engineering/Technology | Logistics | Manufacturing Systems | Manufacturing Engineering/Technology
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 scale (no rounding)
- Graduation date between December 2020 and December 2021
- Proficient using MS office applications, including PowerPoint, Access & Excel
Top Candidates Will Also Have
- Develop visualizations in Tableau and/or PowerBI
- Programming experience (i.e. SAS, Oracle, SQL, Python)
- Professional experience in logistics or transportation
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus
- Solid supply chain planning, demand and orders, logistics and manufacturing knowledge
This position does offer relocation
This position may require travel, up to 15%
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.