View job on Handshake
The role of Supply Chain Engineer supports the Distribution Center by driving process improvement, Engineering projects, slotting strategy, and labor management. A Supply Chain Engineer will use Lean principles to lead and conduct process improvement, DC capacity and throughput planning, project management, and operational analysis. He/she must be self-motivated, detail oriented, have strong communication skills, and work effectively in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a change agent within the DC and Supply Chain Network, to identify, lead, support and implement projects & change initiatives to best support company business needs
• Develop comprehensive vision and roadmap for use of information and material handling systems technology within the supply chain to drive innovation and competitiveness
• Develop, review and approve material handling equipment requirements, designs, business cases, specifications, and implementation plans
• Leverage Lean principals such as process mapping and driving a flow operations model to add value to the business
• Manage implementation of key projects involving deployment and improvement of processes and technology within the DC and supply chain network
• Analyze operations to identify, measure, and test new methods, processes, and procedures to maintain and improve DC operational capacity and performance
• Develop new time standards as necessitated by changes in methods or physical layout, collaborating as necessary with other teams to ensure operational performance objectives are met
• Develop and present training to the organization to provide the knowledge needed to effectively perform DC job responsibilities
• Determining appropriate labor plans and active staff balancing to meet the dynamic production nature of distribution
• Ensure a culture of continuous improvement performance, utilizing change management and performance management techniques
• Work effectively with external resources (consultants and contractors) to ensure collaborative partnerships to meet business requirements
• Develop, write, and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as necessary
• Additional responsibilities as defined by manager
• Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
• Up to 15% travel
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred
• Minimum of 3 yrs. of work history directly related to industrial engineering, supply chain and/or distribution
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability as a self-starter and proactive problem-solver
• Strong leadership skills • Solid background and accomplishments in Distribution Systems, Engineered Work Standards, Facilities, Industrial Engineering, Training and Development
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiatives to make and stand by decisions
• Experience with work measurement methodologies and tools with an emphasis on time study expertise Experience in best methods development
• Experience in Project Management Experience with productivity tracking and data collection systems
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to transfer knowledge
• Ability to learn quickly and follow project plans resulting in timely project delivery
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Working knowledge in AutoCAD
• Time & Motion, MTM, MSD or MOST experience preferred
• Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
• Experience in developing, designing and/or implementing Labor Management Systems (LMS) across multiple distribution centers is a plus
• Leadership – Models the Company’s values and influences others to achieve individual or team objectives. Promotes development of a highly engaged and high-performance team.
• Communication – Clearly conveys information through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that is understandable, easy to retain and timely.
• Initiative – Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and a dedication to exceeding performance expectations.
• Problem-solving/Decision-making – Accurately identifies problems, issues and opportunities, collects data to draw conclusions and chooses a course of action based on facts.
• Planning & Organization – Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work objectives are met.
• Policy Compliance – Manages in accordance with Company policies and procedures and promotes compliance in others.
General office environment requiring ability to:
• Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
• Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
• Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
• Lift up to 50 lbs.