Parker Hannifin is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Buyer to join our Rohnert Park Supply Chain team. In this role you will be responsible for purchasing raw materials, electronic components, finished goods, and subcontracted machining services. You will be responsible for maintaining existing vendor relationships and identifying potential new vendors. You will lead solicitation of quotations and vendor negotiations for new products. We will look to you to create and implement cost reduction initiatives, product cost and margin analyses, and manager other special projects as required.
• Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
• Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for lower cost items or items of limited scope and complexity and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
• Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery.
• Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
• Analysis and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels to assure customer satisfaction.
• Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency.
• Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management or relevant discipline.
• Experience and/or exposure to supply chain concepts and methodologies, and manufacturing through internships or training programs.
• Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
• Possess strong skills in Microsoft Suite.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts. The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations. (“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”) If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Drug-Free Workplace: In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.