HALLMARK – WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Project Management, Process Improvement, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
As a Supply Chain or Business Operations Management Intern, you will be exposed to either a) the distribution and supply chain processes utilized by Hallmark to manufacture and deliver our products; or b) our end-to-end consumer or customer business processes and operations that enable us to deliver products to our consumers world-wide. You will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need and will use your business acumen and problem solving skills to understand Hallmark’s supply chain priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, develop, and potentially implement a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand. Past projects have included:
- Developing tools and standard operating procedures for understanding the paper supply chain from Hallmark’s suppliers to provide training opportunities to buyers and coordinators.
- Collecting data and working with international suppliers to standardize product specifications to reduce cost.
- Documenting key business operations processes and recommending process improvements that increase process efficiency, effectiveness, and performance.
- Optimizing Hallmark’s product flow and determining the best sourcing strategy for product, equipment, and services.
This is a challenging summer internship opportunity where you will have the opportunity to present your work and recommendations to senior leaders and business partners.
The final deadline for all applications is October 1st, 2021.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Currently pursuing a supply chain management degree or a business degree with an emphasis in supply chain, operations, or logistics with a graduation date of December 2022, May 2023, December 2023, or May 2024.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- High learning agility and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Goal and results oriented; works with urgency and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Manages well through ambiguity.
- Previous internship experience in a business, logistics, operations, engineering, or supply chain field.
All internships will be at the Hallmark Headquarters or outlying facilities in or near the Kansas City, Missouri metropolitan area. This internship will occur summer of 2022 (typically late May through early August) and may occur virtually. The intern program at Hallmark is the primary source for entry-level full-time hires either directly after graduation or for future pipeline. Full-time hiring decisions are based on performance and business need.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program! #internhallmarklife