View job on Handshake
AEA Consulting seeks qualified applications for our 2022 Summer Analyst Program. Summer Analysts work closely with consulting staff on current client projects; broader research; and internal knowledge management, marketing, and communications. Our goal is to provide Summer Analysts with a stimulating opportunity to learn about the arts and cultural sector and the consulting profession, and to gain practical workplace skills while contributing meaningfully to our business.
Specific tasks include:
- Supporting consultants with client projects, including undertaking contextual research, gathering data, preparing for client meetings, drafting client meeting summaries, assisting with financial modeling, data analysis, and the preparation of client deliverables;
- As appropriate, accompanying consultants to client meetings;
- Helping to manage and utilize AEA’s digital knowledge;
- Supporting the Global Cultural Districts Network; and
- Reading and compiling cultural news and sector reports for internal staff knowledge.
The Summer Analyst Program takes place between late May and early September each year. Specific start and end dates are flexible and will be determined with the chosen applicant, but should include work for at least ten weeks. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), paid (hourly) position. We offer two placements: one in the U.S. and one in the UK. AEA’s U.S. office is in Beacon, NY, though work this summer will largely be conducted remotely; you should expect to do most team-based work during hours aligned with the Eastern Time Zone. AEA’s UK Summer Analyst would be working remotely with regular opportunity to utilize the company membership to a co-working space in central London (optional), with working hours aligned with British Summer Time.
AEA is committed to diversity and inclusion and to a more equitable arts and cultural sector. Our work requires a team that together represents a diversity of perspectives and lived experiences. Candidates from populations underrepresented in the arts and in management consulting are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is open to graduate students, recent college graduates, or rising seniors in the arts, arts administration, architecture, urban planning, business, economics, or another field related to AEA’s work.
- Intellectual curiosity
- An interest in and passion for arts and culture
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate research and analysis to internal teams and often to clients
- Exceptional organizational skills in order to take initiative and often work independently – with an ability to focus and work efficiently in a stimulating, upbeat, yet often high-pressure environment
- Strong presentational and technical skills, including fluency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with creative software such as Adobe InDesign or other Creative Suite programs and/or statistical analysis software such as SPSS or Tableau is a plus
- Spoken and written fluency in English required. Additional language(s) are preferred but not a prerequisite.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through March 18, 2022. All interviews will be conducted via video conference and finalists will be asked to submit two references and a writing sample.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as a single PDF file to email@example.com with “Summer Analyst US” in the subject line for the U.S.-based program and “Summer Analyst UK” for the UK-based program. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a (video) interview by the end of April 2022.
AEA is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.