View job on Handshake
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
· Conducting research on various technology sectors, relevant market segments, specific companies, and venture activity market trends (e.g., in the case of the technology sector – artificial intelligence, mobility, enterprise software, cloud computing, big data, internet of things).
· Performing detailed financial modeling (three-statement operating model, DCF analysis), valuation (comparable companies), and due diligence on specific companies being considered for investment.
· Creating investment memoranda and related presentations for senior management, including C-Level executives.
· Identifying key strategic themes and whitespace opportunities within the technology sector, and understanding how they may relate to Khazanah’s existing and future investments.
· Representing Khazanah Americas at various venture capital, investment, and innovation conferences and select industry networking events to build relationships.
· Monitoring and tracking the performance of select portfolio companies.
· Providing general support to members of the investment group and other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields of study.
· Intellectual curiosity about technology and business models.
· Investor mindset with professional acumen, equipped with organizational, business intelligence, and communication skills.
· Strong written communication skills, with the ability to sift through large quantities of information, both quantitative and qualitative, identify salient points, and communicate them in the appropriate form.
· High level of communication and interpersonal skills to network and build relationships with entrepreneurs and financial professionals.
· Strong execution and follow-through while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
· Prior work experience in a quantitative and analytical environment is a plus.
· The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent judgement and problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform with maturity and integrity as a team player.