Honda Aircraft Company Summer Internship Program
Supply Chain Management
*The program tentatively starts on May 6, 2022, and ends on August 19, 2022.
Honda Aircraft Company is looking for enthusiastic undergraduate and graduate students for upcoming internships. We seek candidates who are eager to gain experience in the global aviation industry, and cultivate professional relationships with people who conquer challenges to pursue their dreams.
As an intern in the supply chain management functions, you will be assigned to procurement/planning projects, to assist and organize the purchasing activities, and/or develop the ability of scheduling/planning administration.
– Support the Materials Planning team in various capacities such as forecasting, inventory management, data analysis, report development, and master data maintenance
– Assist in identifying and resolving supply chain issues that may preclude our ability to manufacture and deliver Aircrafts per the Master Production Schedule
– Gain experience in understanding the business process, software and data available within the various systems in order to query, problem solve and analyze performance of the department against its objectives
– Develop supplier, system, and component categorization and segmentation analysis to support on-going cost reduction strategies
– Learn to prepare and generate purchase requests, purchase orders, and disposition supplier quality actions
– Get familiarity of assisting component sourcing process and negotiations for subassemblies and complex parts.
· Candidate for a Bachelor, Master, or Doctoral degree graduating between 09/2022 and 04/2024.
· Interest and experience in Supply Chain Management or equivalent Technology degree education, Operations Management, Operations Research, Business Analysis/Analytics, or other related field
· Strong academic track record
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced environment
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet research tools
· Strong time and project management skills
*All applicants must maintain a minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
Why Honda Aircraft Company?
Throughout Honda Aircraft Company’s program, you will gain career and life experience working in a competitive global environment, alongside highly-skilled and experienced professionals. Your mentors and team members will guide and support you for the duration of the program, ensuring you gain real world experience working on meaningful projects in a global environment. Additionally, our regularly scheduled learning and networking opportunities are designed to help you build your professional network and develop the necessary leadership skills to help you succeed as you enter the workforce.