As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC was named No. 1 on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. Throughout the internship, you will have a chance to connect with innovators from across ALSAC and use Design Thinking to solve for some of our most critical areas of opportunity. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions preparing them to present their solutions to ALSAC’s CEO and members of our Executive Leadership Team.
- Start Date: June 6, 2022
- End Date: August 12, 2022
- Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: Based on work location
- Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Actively participate in the Summer Intern Innovation Project through cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and your assigned project.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Social Media Content Production Intern will create visual and written content for @StJude social media channels. Project work may include copywriting, creation of graphic design assets, video production, etc. The role will work closely with the Social Media Strategy & Engagement and Communications teams as well as our partners working in digital design, traditional creative and video production and editing. Not only should the intern be able to take direction and build a creative asset, the intern will be expected to bring new ideas to the table and be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, FUN! environment.
Work with Social Media Team to create content for St. Jude global accounts with a combined following of 3.5M.
- Critical, creative thinking to identify content ideas that help us reach key audiences and engage supporters more deeply; getting hands on experience with social media from start to finish including ideation, pitching, asset creation, copywriting, posting and reporting
- The summer social media content producer role will support a variety of summer campaigns including World Sickle Cell Day, Father’s Day virtual engagement, FedEx St. Jude Championship golf tournament, preparing for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in September and supporting other evergreen creative needs that arise.
- Experience working with social media content systems like Sprinklr or Hootsuite a plus; Photoshop, InDesign or related software knowledge a plus.
Majors preferred: Social Media, Digital Media, Design, Communications, Marketing, Humanities, Journalism
Skills preferred: Social media, graphic design, video editing, curiosity, creative thinking, critical thinking, data analysis
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.