View job on Handshake
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC was named No. 1 on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. Throughout the internship, you will have a chance to connect with innovators from across ALSAC and use Design Thinking to solve for some of our most critical areas of opportunity. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions preparing them to present their solutions to ALSAC’s CEO and members of our Executive Leadership Team.
- Start Date: June 6, 2022
- End Date: August 12, 2022
- Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: Based on work location
- Work Location: Headquarters Office in Memphis, TN
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Actively participate in the Summer Intern Innovation Project through cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and your assigned project.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
Work with the Accounting team to provide resource assistance during the summer, especially during July and August when we are closing the fiscal year and preparing for the audit. The Accounts Payable Intern would assist the Director of Payables in working with the AP Manager and other Analysts in AP to keep these projects up to date and moving forward.
- Work with the Finance team to redesign and update sister charity and peer hospital financial analysis.
- Learn the functional accounts payable process focusing on the key controls and risk mitigation efforts that ensure proper safeguards of financial assets.
- Projects will include sister charity and peer hospital financial analysis and participation in Accounts Payable projects such as outstanding payment research and resolution.
- Ability to use internet to navigate to audited financial statements and Form 990s.
- Analytical and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
Majors preferred: Accounting and/or General Business.
Skills preferred: Proficiency using Excel – creating data tables/spreadsheets with filters, using data standardization, creating pivot tables. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.