Are you passionate about video content, hunting, shooting, and the outdoors? Do you live for creative problem solving and collaboration? If that brings a smile to your face, there’s a place for you on our growing team! Starting on day one, make a difference on a team where your voice matters, the creative freedom to grow professionally while taking on challenging, diverse projects in apparel, optics, and whatever comes next. Bring your unique point of view and help create experiences our customers will never forget.
Vortex is looking for an experienced video producer to help connect with our customers and represent the voice of Vortex Nation! Construct from the ground up videos that inspire, engage, and push the brand forward. Create a variety of content that is relatable, impactful, and serves our customer’s needs. Your ability to excel in pre-production, production and post-production will be a valued addition amongst our video team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with internal resources to define and develop the concepts of each project.
- Outline, script, and prepare props to deliver the intended message.
- Fully vet potential documentary-style stories and talent as needed.
- Coordinate talent, travel and location shoots.
- During production, take on the role of director and oversee aspects of camera, lighting, talent, and audio.
- Operate cameras, teleprompters, microphones, and other video equipment as needed.
- Implement project vision in post-production through creative editing, audio, and motion graphic design.
- Utilize multiple video codecs during editing and exporting, while adhering to the specifications of multiple social media platforms.
- Occasionally travel to filming locations outside of Wisconsin.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition and Adobe After Effects.
- Advanced knowledge of video equipment, including, but not limited to, DSLR and video cameras, studio and location lighting, and microphones.
- Associates Degree or higher in video production plus minimum 3 years of professional experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced creative environment, learn rapidly and adapt to new video technologies and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in all phases of production (Pre, Production, Post), including audio recording, syncing and post-processing.
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with company vehicle use policy.