In the world of business, knowledge is power. It’s critical you learn to think strategically, expand your perspectives and problem solve amidst a changing world. And let’s not forget people skills. Learning to collaborate, negotiate and build trusting relationships is essential to influencing business decisions and building a successful career.
Mutual of Omaha is currently seeking motivated undergraduate students for an exciting summer internship within our Corporate Strategy department. Be a part of the team helping a Fortune 500 company plan, compete, evolve and grow!
It’s time to reach beyond the classroom and bring your power to Mutual of Omaha. Combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Participation in analysis across multiple areas of the company – compile data, communicate your findings, and make an impact in key business decisions
- Opportunities for professional and personal development outside of core role such as industry awareness, communication and presentation skills, critical thinking, priority management
- Gain knowledge of the business and its environment
- Complete projects and work assignments as directed by management
- Interact and work with internal and external business customers
- We’re looking for students who are enrolled in a degree program related to business, management, marketing, or finance
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use various business software applications on a personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Skills in oral and written communication, human relations, creativity
- Ability to analyze and interpret information, exercise judgement, be flexible
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Prior professional work or internship experience
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exposure to and interaction with senior leadership at a Fortune 300 company
- Challenging work and opportunities to contribute to company goals
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site
- $20/hour, plus paid holidays, and a 401(k) with 6% match
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.