Our future success depends on hiring world-class, early in career talent who are looking to power next-generation services and solutions. We are hiring bachelor’s and master’s graduates with a diverse set of skills and experiences to work in and across multiple teams within the Supply Chain Operations organization. Our program is intended to enhance your overall learning experience, help build your network, and accelerate your opportunity to make an impact. Create the future with us!
Oracle is the world’s leading provider of business software. With a presence in over 175 countries, we are one of the biggest technology companies on the planet. We’re using innovative emerging technologies to tackle real-world problems today. From advancing energy efficiency to reimagining online commerce, the work we do is not only redefining the world of business—it’s helping advance governments, power nonprofits, and giving billions of people the tools they need to outpace change. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit us at oracle.com.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of Oracle’s Strategic Sourcing Team, you will communicate with engineering teams, suppliers, and other Supply Chain Operations functions to support the build of Oracle’s cloud. The Strategic Sourcing Manager manages the product sourcing strategy, supplier contracts, processes, initiatives, costs, quality, and availability of products. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the product cost for assigned products.
- Work with partners to create specifications/requirements, prepare request for proposals/quotes, evaluate proposals/quotes, and select qualified suppliers.
- Support cross functional product team.
- Negotiate master supply agreements, licenses and product award letters to Oracle terms.
- Manage supplier availability and develop new supply sources when suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Support supply chain execution material escalations to locate authorized alternate supply sources to ensure supply continuity.
What You’ll Bring: (Objective Minimum Qualifications)
To be considered for a Strategic Sourcing Manager position Supply Chain Operations organization, you must possess the Objective Minimum Qualifications (OMQs) below. Please ensure that your application clearly indicates that you meet these OMQs, either on your resume and/or by uploading additional documents such as a transcript.
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent science/engineering field by June 2022.
- Have no more than 12 months of professional full-time work experience in the technology field (excluding internships, research and/or teaching assistant roles, and military experience).
- Have completed coursework, internships, projects, and/or research in Supply Chain Management or Operations Management.
- Are experienced in program management, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills, as demonstrated through academic coursework, internships, projects, and/or research.
- Are proficient (i.e. able to complete projects with no assistance) in the development and use of spreadsheets, with expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Reside in the United States and/or attend a university in the US.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US in 2022.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels internally/externally
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have one or more of the following certifications:
- CPSM Certification – Certified Professional in Supply Management
- CAPM Certification – Certified Associate in Project Management
- CSCP Certification – Certified Supply Chain Professional
- CPIM Certification – Certified in Inventory and Production Control
What We’ll Give You:
You’ll gain critical experience working in a fast-paced supply chain organization with the ability to network and learn from business and engineering teams helping to expand Oracle’s cloud business while developing your career.
Additionally, you will be able to witness the growth of the Cloud industry and gain an understanding of the technologies that support that industry. Lastly, as a team member within a large, diverse company, you will have a career path within multiple disciplines that will allow you to build a personal network of professionals.
Life at Oracle:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to tackle new roles and challenges, while blending work and life. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry. To nurture the talent that makes this happen, we work hard to build a vibrant and inspiring workplace that celebrates diverse, hardworking teams where everyone can contribute. We take care of each other, and value giving back to the community. We have flexible work arrangements and offer benefits including generous paid parental leave and comprehensive premium medical insurance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Oracle, we don’t just respect differences—we celebrate them. We believe that innovation starts with inclusion and to create the future we need people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. That’s why we’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. https://www.oracle.com/corporate/careers/diversity-inclusion/
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.