View job on Handshake
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
We are looking for a recent college graduate to work with the Storage Development team in our Data Center Group. This role will be based in Morrisville, NC. The target start date will be January or June 2023.
Lenovo’s Data Center Group is innovating the future-defined data center, today. From the simplest to the most complex IT environments for all types of workloads, our servers, storage, networking and solutions help maximize the potential of data centers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Test and validate Storage systems as part of new product development process
- Test and validate Firmware Releases and work closely with Linux open source compliance and security team to ensure all reviews are completed
- Debug complex issues and root cause investigation
- Build efficient technical communication within all cross functional teams and external partners
- Work with Interop test teams to ensure timely updates on Product information such as, supported Platforms, Options, Firmware etc.
- Work closely with OEM Partners
- Help maintain and update Product Requirements Documents, specifications, configurations, and BOM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in Hardware/Storage System design and development is a plus
- Proficient in Linux/Windows/VMWare Operating systems
- Programming Skills (Python and/or other scripting languages)
- Familiar with End-to-End Hardware Development processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner and team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.