About the Role
The (Senior) Statistician/Data Scientist will report to the Senior Manager/Director of Decision Science. Responsibilities will include development of statistical and machine learning models to support multiple business functions; collaboration with operations analysts as they specify and validate collections strategies; maintaining collections forecasts; and revising and improving our predictive models. This position will act as a Decision Science lead for partnerships across the organization to direct the development and implementation of score-based and logic-based collections practices. The person in this role should be comfortable discussing the academic merits of a statistical approach or the ways in which a forecasting model will impact a business channel’s revenue and cost expectations.
- Work cross functionally collecting, organizing, and analyzing a wide variety of data to engineer new features to support modeling and operational work and to enhance current models.
- Partner with manager to act as statistical consultant to colleagues across Encore around both business and experimental analytics.
- Providing high-quality, independent statistical model development for operational and experimental projects
- Master or Advanced; PhD degree in mathematics or a quantitative science with substantial coursework in statistics/machine learning.
- 0-2 years’ experience in an analytical role. Familiarity with Python, R, SAS (or similar statistical computing language). Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience in a cloud computing environment.
- Understanding of Discounted Cash Flow concepts.
- Experience developing and implementing predictive models for business use. Experience with text mining.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.