View job on Handshake
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join a multidisciplinary team of computer and material scientists developing a next generation platform for materials informatics. We are looking for a self-starter software engineer who can keep the big picture in mind while developing and delivering software services for materials innovation.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
- Develop libraries and components for backend services
- Prototype solutions
- Partner with other internal groups to deliver holistic solutions
- Participate in agile team development Learn and evaluate new technologies
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or undergraduate degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Foundational knowledge of software algorithms, data structures and design principles with a proven ability to design and build code.
- Experience with basic software development tools such as git and methodologies such as agile development.
- Experience with cloud computing 5+ years of software development (Python proficiency required; experience with C#/C++ and/or languages such as Rust or Go a plus)
- Experience developing web services/micro services (e.g., FastAPI)
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Familiarity with research and industrial processes
- Experience in any of the following is considered an asset: Graph databases and semantic web technologies (e.g., RDF)
- Machine learning (Time series data, NLP)
- Amazon Web Services Data-driven architectures
- Data science methodologies
- PI platform (OSIsoft)
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS
- Must be self-motivated to deliver meaningful results as required by project
- The ability to deal with uncertainty
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative and able to openly engage with colleagues from diverse cultures, disciplines and backgrounds to achieve project goals
- The ability to communicate effectively by phone and video with team members in multiple locations
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.