Sr Research Associate 1 – $8,000* Sign On
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Support and directly perform activities related to cell line development, genetic engineering, clone stability and characterization studies.
- Responsive for the successful execution of key activities associated with production cell line generation and workflow optimization; including transfection, cloning, high throughput clone /pool screening, cell banking and clone analysis.
- Support early stage process development efforts and successfully execute designed experiments.
- Author and develop cell banking protocols, technical summary and development reports/memos and tech transfer documentation defining the cell banking manufacturing process, associated quality metrics, and release criteria
- Support and manage internal cell bank inventory management for process development
- Support Cell Line Development automation and technologies development
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results at departments/meetings in both written and presentation format.
- Be self-motivated, organized, thrive in team settings and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, as well as be familiar with the relevant technical literature.
- Identify, propose, plan, and execute continuous improvement opportunities for cell line development and cell banking practices and integrating workflows with stakeholder functions.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge in cell line development and mammalian cell culture.
- Prior hands-on-experience performing cell culture under aseptic techniques including managing cell lines, passaging, seeding, and banking are required.
- Knowledge of cell banking practices, materials, and quality standards are required.
- Experience with automation is highly desirable (Hamilton, Biomek, Tecan)
- Experience with drafting documentation, revision of required SOPs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices is a plus.
- Understanding of basic molecular biology practices, tools and methods is desired.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with ability to set priorities and manage daily work requirements.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and development strategy.
- Previous experience interfacing with biologics manufacturing sites and providing technical support during engineering runs/GMP operations is a plus.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ industry experience with BS degree or 0-2 years’ industry experience with MS degree in related Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences discipline.
- A basic understanding of cell line and upstream process development for biologics (antibodies, fusion proteins, bi-specifics, vaccines, antibody drug conjugates, etc.).
- Ability to be agile to meet the business needs with a can-do attitude.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
* This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue.
For jobs in the United States:
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.