View job on Handshake
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
The Senior SQL Developer is responsible for supporting the Retail Platform team by developing SQL solutions leveraging Microsoft technology platforms. Use of SQL Server database, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Azure Data platforms (Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lakes, and Azure Databricks) will be required.
• Working with Microsoft SQL Stack e.g. SQL Server 2016 or higher, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MDM.
• Utilization of Azure data technologies (Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lakes).
• Use of data model concepts, master data management, operational process, SDLC, project management, data profiling, data cleansing/de-duplication processes.
• Leading data management initiatives (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, integrity, security, stewardship, and governance).
• Create and maintain DAX and MDX queries and perform performance tuning on SSAS.
• Design and implement data warehousing and associated architecture.
• Data migration with source database to target database mapping.
• Database design with multidimensional modeling.
• Working directly with the business clients.
• Extensive use of written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
• Works closely with the business team, development team, analysis team, and the users to enhance quality and product delivered.
• Responsible for precisely communicating impact, status, priority, progress, and road blocks to management
• Provides guidance in terms of priority and ownership of issues and requests.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or related field.
• 10+ years of direct experience as a SQL Developer.
• Experience in managing software requests, projects, and internal customers.
• Experience with every phase of the System Development Life Cycle.
• Experience with being the technical liaison between the business users and development.
• Experience with Jira Software, Confluence, and Azure DevOps is desired.
• 1 to 2 years of retail energy related experience is highly desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Good inter-personal skills combined with a willingness to listen
• Self-motivated, goal oriented, and possess the initiative to learn independently.
• Analytical, advanced decision-making skills, and problem solving abilities.
• Must demonstrate a positive, customer-focused attitude.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
• Ability to convey technical information in a clear and concise manner to other less technically oriented customers.
• Ability to manage multiple duties at the same time.
• Advanced Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and Office 365
• Demonstrated understanding of Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM), Energy Commodity Analytics, Regulatory and Compliance reporting, Power Actualization, Deal life cycle, P&L, and Settlement processes is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Microsoft SQL Technologies
– Microsoft SQL Server stack (Reporting Services, Integration Services, Analysis Services).
Data Integration Tools
– Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services within Visual Studio.
Relational Database Management Systems
– Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or newer.
• Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment – if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.