Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Analytics will lead the preparation of various ad-hoc financial projects to support requests from owners, investors, senior executives, and internal departments. The Senior Analyst will work closely with both the Financial Reporting as well as the Lender Reporting Teams. Responsibilities include financial analysis & support, business analysis, action planning, reporting, and forecasting. The position reports to VP, Client Reporting.
The Senior Analyst- Analytics will develop a strong understanding of Progress Residential’s operations, navigate internal systems to compile and analyze data, interpret results, and assist with implementation of solutions. This position will be best for an analyst who is comfortable working for a fast paced, high-growth company that requires adaptability, collaboration, and the ability to respond with a sense of urgency.
* Address ad-hoc analytics requests and facilitate appropriate data acquisition, as needed, in order to support internal projects, special projects, and investigations
* Monitor incoming data analytics requests, execute the analytics as requested, and distribute the results in an efficient and effective manner
* Prepare written summaries to accompany results and maintain documentation
* Be able to understand business requirements and communicate effectively with business stakeholders
* Explain coherently what the data and results indicate and how it can be utilized to support the project objectives
* Serve as a subject matter expert on data analytics while explaining the story behind data. Be able to synthesize data into digestible and intuitive reports.
* Perform financial modeling and analysis for individual initiatives
* Participate in presenting models and analysis to various levels of management, including managers, executives, and other internal team members
* Proactively provide recommendations on new data sources and metrics for future analysis
* Engage with stakeholders in data gathering and due diligence efforts
* Perform real estate assessments: physical, financial and strategic to support leadership decisions
* Develop strategic conclusions and related presentations for review by senior executives
* Embrace continuous innovation in Finance & Analytics with a focus on data driven decision making and minimizing manual processes
* Drive the development of analytical tools to support the Finance & Analytics strategy
* Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or operations management related field
* 5 years’ experience as a financial or business analyst
* Candidate must have strong Excel, PowerPoint, and data management skills
* Experience in partnering with Operations, Reporting and various other internal teams
* Strong collaboration and communications skills
* General programming skills or SQL skills a plus
* Strong balance of business, financial and technical skills with the ability to communicate and drive initiatives cross functionally
* Residential real estate / property management experience a plus
* Yardi, Salesforce experience a plus
* Candidate must be resourceful, present well to management, and have the ability to take ownership over projects and recurring tasks
* Candidate must be willing and able to work in a start-up atmosphere with a wide range of responsibilities and deal with constantly evolving deadlines, requirements, and challenges
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.