View job on Handshake
What you will do:
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for designing wholistic Business Intelligence and Analytic solutions, tools, and products. This person will be a leader and critical-thinker in their space bringing knowledge of Data Science and Analytics best practices and having experience working on complex, enterprise projects.
As a Senior Analyst on the team, you will be on the forefront of solutioning, hands-on data discovery, and unifying analytics across the organization. In this role you are expected to be hands-on throughout the life cycle of a solution and engage with other teams, departments, and stakeholders. You are expected to try new solutions and fail. The Senior Analyst will handle complex projects utilizing multiple tools and technologies to deliver quality products such as ad-hoc data discovery requests, dashboards and scorecards, forecasting models and automated solutions. This person should be able to create their own visualizations using Power BI, SSAS and SSRS, be able to write SQL/T-SQL queries and familiarity with the Informatica Suite is a plus.
The Business Intelligence team is focused on creating quality deliverables and providing a positive customer experience. We are iterative in nature and believe communication is one key to success.
How you will do it:
- Build relationships to understand the needs of our customers in a variety of business domains enhancing deep insights and business decisions.
- Provide coaching and guidance on analytical modeling, data science best practices and methodologies to internal teams.
- Design and develop tools and products that bring advanced analytic methodologies and models to both analytics team and customers.
- Focused on quality and customer experience.
- Create scalable deliverable solutions such as scorecards and dashboards using Power BI and other data visualization tools for various organizational metrics and KPIs.
- Perform ad-hoc exploratory analysis.
- Elicit business requirements from Subject Matter Experts using interviews, document analysis and user story workshops.
- Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate operational activities to results; to drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Understand data standards and identify data abnormalities. Instill data quality in all solutions delivered.
Desired Skills and Experience
What we look for:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related business analyst or data/reporting analyst roles.
- Excellent skill level in SQL, PL/SQL.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft analytics Stack (SQL Server, SSAS Tabular, Power BI, Power Query, DAX, SQL and T-SQL).
- Advanced knowledge Power BI.
- Proficient in DAX, M language.
- Experience in Extraction, and Transformation and Loading (SSIS).
- Experience in Tabular/OLAP Model (Microsoft SSAS).
- In-depth experience with Associated Development Tools ? DevOps, Visual Studios Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Data Tools, Microsoft TFS.
- Knowledge of working with database client tools such as Toad.
- Knowledge of Data Mining, Clustering & Statistical Modelling (preferred).
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning (AML). Understanding of Azure and its data services.
- R programming & Python.
- Database Design. Excellent skill level in relational database required. Oracle, MS SQL Server knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and O365.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail¬ oriented.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to handle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Must be willing to put in extra time and effort if need be. Go above and beyond the requirements of the job and strive to exceed expectations.
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.