As of 3/25/2021
Mountain View, California
Intuit’s Ecosystem Fraud Prevention team harnesses the power of data, technology, and people to protect our customers, partners, and business from fraud and abuse.
The team is looking for a Business Data Analyst Intern who is passionate about data and excited to partner with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to deliver fresh insights and intelligent solutions to fight fraud.
● Translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses, create experiments to test them, and generate recommendations based on the findings
● Leverage data to understand fraudulent behavior, identify trends that indicate elevated risk, and to inform policy decisions.
● Curate and standardize fraud-related datasets used as the foundation for all Intuit-wide fraud analysis
● Use SQL, Python, Tableau, and spreadsheets to quickly analyze, manipulate and visualize small to large datasets to guide fraud and risk policy discussions
● Create clear concise diagrams to document data flows and business processes
● Vigorously validate the integrity and quality of data required for performing analysis
● Partner with fraud investigation teams, policy makers, and data scientists to deliver data insights and analysis that inform critical decisions and help us reach our goals
● Strong business acumen and exceptional analytical ability with 5+ years of relevant experience. Experience in Fraud Prevention or Risk preferred.
● SQL or Python to perform data, profiling, segmentation and aggregation.
● Experience with statistical analysis in support of justifying policy recommendations is preferred
● Experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Vertica) preferred.
● Experience with data analytics and visualization tools (Excel, Python, Tableau, QlikView, etc.) is preferred
● Outstanding communication skills with the ability to deftly negotiate, prioritize across technical and non-technical teams, influence decision makers and build consensus with teams.
● Detail-oriented with a high degree of accountability, organization and empathy.
● Working toward a Master’s Degree in Quantitative Field or commensurate experience.
Our Award-Winning Summer Internship Program
● Work assignments that are critical to the business with written goals
● Paid Housing & Transportation for the summer (when not virtual) for eligible students
● Extensive training to jump start your career development
● Exposure to our leadership team
● Daily engagement with our Marketing team
● Visibility of career progression and growth
● Reviews and written evaluations and the opportunity to be considered as a full time employee
● Opportunity to share what you’ve learned and teach your team
● Social and Networking events