We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
What you’ll get to do as an intern:
This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished Insurance professionals and gain valuable skills for your future. You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward. Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
Specialty Property Product Management ensures that our company continues to grow profitably, and we oversee the Profit and Losses (P&L) of products we offer in the marketplace. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution, Underwriting, Actuarial, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
Interns will work alongside project mentors and project leads to help further contextualize the work. Over the course of the summer, you will work on large projects including moving a product line to a new policy processing system, introducing new forms, and state specific projects that drive profitable growth. You will also develop and present a project to senior leadership that is geared towards achieving our company strategy.
What we’re looking for:
• 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
• Rising seniors working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree or entering final year of Masters program (MS/MA)
• Currently enrolled in a Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or related major/equivalent course work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient PC skills focusing on data management/analytical skills
• Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
• Eligible to work in the United States