Sol Systems is seeking a Solar Customer Service Analyst to join its Environmental Commodities Management – Client Relations team. The position is a customer and partner facing role focusing on customer service and support. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the solar energy industry and work with a fantastic team. The role will work closely with the business development team and play a role in new market expansion and support bringing in new partnerships for Sol Systems.
Analysts are responsible for managing customer experience for Sol Systems’ portfolio of more than 17,000 solar contracts with residential and commercial system owners. Workflow includes managing system registrations across different environmental commodity markets, managing inbound and outbound communications via both phone and email, and managing new customer onboarding. Analysts can also take on additional, varied work as they become more efficient in their role.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. It has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure. Sol Systems prides itself on its excellent customer service. Customers rely on Sol Systems to sell their solar renewable energy credits (SRECs), an important source of revenue from their solar installations. The collaboration of the Client Relations Team with the Environmental Commodities Management and Risk & Trading Operations teams is essential to the success of this business line, which has been profitable since its 2008 inception.
- Deliver 5-star customer service in every client interaction
- Respond to inbound inquiries from clients via phone and email
- Complete outbound calls to return voicemails
- Monitor emails using a ticketing platform
- Meet KPIs for customer and partner satisfaction ratings
- Resolve customer complaints
- Manage new customer onboarding including submitting registration applications
- Track customer registrations and follow up with the appropriate parties to collect missing information or documents
- Direct outreach to the appropriate internal team as needed
The ideal candidate has previous customer service experience, is hard-working, extremely organized, detail and process-oriented, personable, and has the ability to multi-task in order to accomplish assignments in a timely manner. Problem-solving will be held in the highest esteem.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 1+ year of customer service, or call center, experience
- Strong interest in the solar industry or renewable energy
- Ability to be on the phone for up to 4 hours per day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of humor and finesse
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting
- A proactive, can-do attitude and lots of enthusiasm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt to changes in processes as directed from outside state and regulatory authorities
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM software a plus but not required
Location & Hours: This is a full-time role and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other traits. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.