Thanks to its 412,000 employees, Sodexo provides catering, facilities management, employee benefits and personal home services to 100 million consumers daily in 56 countries. We believe in the difference a day makes. That’s why we are proud to focus on people’s essential needs: we see them as key to improve the quality of life. We know that by focusing on the tangible, the real, the concrete improvements, day after day, for millions of people, we have a big impact not only on individuals but also on society and the planet. Sodexo, it all starts with the everyday.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or a current college student (rising undergraduate juniors/senior or a graduate student) to join the Digital and Global Offer Development team as a
Sodexo Intern Data Science or Robotics Intern.
The Sodexo Future Leaders Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
This full time 10 week internship will be 100% remote. The ideal candidate will be able to travel to on-site locations in order to gain on the job training.
The pay range is $20-$22 per hour
This internship is in partnership with Kiwi Campus and will provide the opportunity to visit University campuses to receive hands on training with Kiwibot Robots.
- Deployment project management, onsite robotic operations, and mobilization support
- We would be interested in students currently enrolled in electrical engineering, computer science, or Artificial Intelligence programs. Bonus for those that have classwork/experience in control theory or signal processing
- Campus Mapping
- Maintenance and repair of fleet
Nice to Haves:
- A rising junior/senior (undergraduate) or graduate student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Artificial Intelligence
- Strong interest in science data or robotics as a career
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication skills, and an ability to respect tight deadlines
- Classwork/ Experience in control theory or signal processing
- Strong Project management and communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a diverse, international team
- Agile and Adaptable
- Willing and able to travel to various on-site locations for hands on training
Data Science Intern:
- The visualizations that the Data Science & Visualization intern will produce will be used in a variety of ways to engage both internal and external audiences on the importance of connectivity and how to measure it
- The work will also serve as a template that could be used for other geographies and segments where a high volume of data has been collected
Nice to Haves:
- Pursuing a degree program in Data Science, Data Visualization, Climatology, Physics, Animal Movement, or Related Field
- Expertise in the analysis of product movement data, vector fields, the animation and visualization of retail data, or similar types of analyses and visualizations
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals
- Heightened awareness of and experience with data visualization approaches and software
Why should I apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the Data Science and Robotics field
- Professional development workshops in the areas of Communication, Networking and Interviewing Skills
- Assists in projects, building skills and knowledge in large corporate and team environment
- The opportunity to be mentored by a Sodexo manager