At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Are you looking for an inclusive company culture to help you apply your software development skills to the workforce? The Single-Family division within Freddie Mac is searching for driven individuals to join our organization to help us deliver solutions to the business.
Freddie Mac is a dynamic environment with constant change, enabling Software Developer Analysts to grow with us through a wide variety of experiences and responsibilities. Our 12-month program is crafted to ease the transition of college into the workforce by providing skills training, mentorship, buddy programs, as well as in-class learning opportunities with senior leadership. Analysts actively work on real-world projects while developing skills that will apply directly to their careers and provide them broad exposure to Freddie Mac’s outstanding role in the mortgage industry!
- Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and work with project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution
- Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements; promote top code quality and solve ambitious issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Implementation of software application changes with daring deployment timelines
- Complete department processes in a high-quality, efficient, and team-oriented manner
Join a team designing and coding the future technologies and application suite that support Freddie Mac’s purposeful mission of making home possible!
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related, meaningful experience and coursework
- College-level experience with coding practices and languages (such as Java, C/C++, Python, Angular/Springboot, or others)
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Ability to start in January 2022 or June 2022 as a full-time employee
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to intact on an individual and/or team basis
- Must be a standout colleague and able to work collaboratively
NOTE: Freddie Mac will not be hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1 (CPT/OPT), J-1, M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings).
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.