*Please note this position is for advanced degree candidates only*
Simon-Kucher is a global consultancy firm with more than 1,900 employees in 27 countries. We’re focused on delivering measurable revenue and profit growth for our clients. We do this by optimizing their pricing, sales, and marketing strategies better and more sustainably than anyone else. With over 35 years of experience in a vast range of topics, our experts work across all industries and for businesses both large and small.
We’ve led the way in the healthcare industry by helping pharmaceutical, biotech, medtech, digital health, diagnostic, animal health, healthcare providers, and consumer healthcare companies identify the true value of their offer and have the right commercial and sales processes in place to realize that value from the market. Our team completes healthcare projects around the world, and our international presence allows us to provide both global knowledge and local expertise to address the specific challenges unique to each geography. We value the expertise and perspectives that each and every one of our diverse colleagues brings to the table and regularly collaborate across offices and disciplines.
Our Healthcare & Life Sciences team comprises industry practices in pharma / biotech and healthcare technology & solutions. Our US office teams are located in Boston, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco, although most of our project teams comprise colleagues from our global team.
- Independently execute project work streams and direct more junior consultants on analysis while exercising judgement and decision making with supervision
- Independently build statistical models to predict customer behavior, build financial models to estimate impact of our recommendations, analyze customer data using advanced statistical software and tools (e.g. Sawtooth, Excel, etc.) for entire project work stream and direct junior consultants on their work streams within defined guidelines
- Analyze quantitative surveys (e.g. conjoint models, van westendorp models, etc.), conduct primary desk research on various treatments, drugs, medical devices, etc. with close supervision
- Conduct interviews with key opinion leaders, payers, nurses, and physicians to gather input on various pharmaceutical and medical technology products
- Independently conduct modeling (e.g., multi-regression analysis and forecasting models, profit simulations on transaction data)
- Utilize basic understanding of marketing and pricing concepts in life science industry which could be applied to address clients’ business questions
- Independently create and prepare analytical reports and analysis for slide presentations, write documentation for analysis, and develop client-facing tools using Excel macro language on entire project work streams to be presented to client management and direct more junior consultants on their contributions
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ business needs / questions and prepare slides that address those needs / answer their questions with supervision
- Contribute to the execution of new tools and methodologies under supervision of (Senior) Directors, (Senior) Managers, and/or Senior Consultants
- Prepare internal training sessions on new project types and methodologies
- Contribute to Simon-Kucher’s business development in the Life Science Division through supporting the preparation of briefing decks and proposals under supervision from Partners and (Senior) Directors
- Support the buildup of the office through involvement in recruiting activities
- Over time, we expect you to grow and develop into a team leader role.
- Undergraduate Degree from an accredited 4-year university
- 2 years of relevant work experience in management consulting or relevant industry is required with an undergraduate degree; No experience required with a two-year Masters Degree, Ph.D., or MBA
- Familiarity with Microsoft productivity software: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Strong problem-solving abilities, communication skills, quantitative skills, and teamwork skills
- English language fluency required; additional language skills welcomed
- Strong interest in the healthcare and life sciences industry
To apply, submit:
- Resume / CV
- Cover letter or statement
Please submit all required documentation, as incomplete applications cannot be reviewed.
Simon-Kucher & Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally-protected status.
Simon-Kucher believes in building a culture that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, creating an environment in which our people feel valued, are able to be themselves, and feel their contribution matters.
If we get that right, great things will happen; people will grow faster, innovate, feel valued, and create better outcomes for everyone – our people, our clients and, of course, our business.