View job on Handshake
Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Native Microbials is a growing biotechnology company based in San Diego, CA.
Reporting to the CFO/COO, the Senior Sales Operations Analyst performs, planning, and analysis activities for sales operations. Reviews and analyzes sales-related expenses associated with such things as the order pipeline, bookings, revenue forecasting, revenue reporting, sales productivity, and goal attainment. Evaluate pricing structures to ensure they fit with company objectives. Effectively incorporates client delivery schedules and operational changes into future revenue forecasts and revenue timeline considerations. Maintains and enhances sales force automation systems, product/service costing models, and margin management tools/systems to effectively monitor and manage revenue/expenses.
The ideal candidate has strong strategic and analytical thinking combined with leadership skills to drive change. This candidate will demonstrate quick learning and an impressive history of driving results. Most importantly, the candidate will drive through strong relationships and excellent communication, alignment across x-functional stakeholders, and keep projects on track.
- Support the Sales team with organizational structure, strategy, and develop organizational goals.
- Manage weekly operational forecast, pipeline management, and inspection process.
- Develops measurement models and uses diagnostic tools to help identify sales performance indicators, key areas of opportunity, and sales force training needs.
- Oversees sales force automation systems, costing models, and margin management tools.
- Maintains relationship with field personnel to ensure timely, accurate, and prompt forecast submissions.
- Utilize knowledge of company products, services, support, and technology to oversees sales operations activities to achieve company goals.
- Makes recommendations for allocating marketing and sales force resources, as well as promoting customer targeting activities and territory management.
- Responsible for overseeing Sales Force Effectiveness / Training function in a sub-part of the overall organization (other than a Group, Region, Division, Country) or one of several executives responsible for overseeing the function at the corporate level.
- The sales operations analyst interacts closely with senior management to set company policy regarding sales operations and forecasting.
- Lead a weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting cadence by product.
- Driving business process, workflow creation & re-engineering, and productivity improvement initiatives.
- 5 years of experience in Sales Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, management or related field
- Financial, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and evolving role
- Comfortable working in a continuously expanding program or line of business.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
- Ability to work in a lean, fast-paced organization, and a desire to own and refine key operational processes.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, from Executive level to employee base.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong customer service orientation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Zoho
- Experience with CRM tools
- Background in the manufacturing industry/companies
Preferred Qualification and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in Sales Operations.
- Biotechnology industry sales experience.
- Experience in Sales Analytics, Revenue Operations, or Business Operations.
- Ability to travel to the San Diego, CA office daily with up to 1 day per week work from home
- Minimal international travel is required for geographic expansion and product launch efforts.
- Occasional weekend requirements for industry meetings, conferences, etc.
Native Microbials offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including generous PTO, healthcare, 401(K), equity, and a wellness program.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.