View job on Handshake
The Analytical and Spatial Intelligence Research Team (ASIRT) at Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking algorithm engineers interested in deploying prototype algorithms to run on graphics processing units (GPUs), mobile devices, and in the cloud. We are a close-knit team of creative thinkers from diverse backgrounds who collaborate to find non-standard solutions to challenging problems. Our dynamic development approach has a history of creating bleeding-edge solutions for the United States defense and intelligence communities. We encourage candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit who seek a research career within a stable industry to apply. Remote work will be considered for qualified applicants.
This opportunity is available in Raleigh, NC, or Cleveland, OH, and surrounding areas.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Deployment Position Highlights:
- Develop and evaluate prototype software for deployment on GPUs, mobile devices, and in the cloud
- Process and integrate data from different sources, including satellites, unmanned aerial vehicles, ground vehicles, human-wearables, and smart devices
- Gain experience deploying artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision algorithms
- Enjoy a challenging technical career with opportunities for personal growth
Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Deployment Required Experience & Skills:
- Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen
- Master of Science degree or above in a related discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, etc.) along with 5+ years relevant work deploying algorithms on platforms other than personal computers
- Strong foundation in software development with experience in MATLAB or Python, Windows, and Linux
- 2+ years relevant work experience in one of the following areas: Mathematics, Physics, Robotics, Sensor Fusion, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or Signal Processing
Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Deployment Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Experience working with AWS, S3, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience developing software for execution on edge devices (GPUs, mobile phones, deployed CPU)
- Experience developing Android software
- Experience with collaborative software development and version control
- Experience writing technical proposals
- Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.