Senior Research Associate I – Biologics Drug Product Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of biologics drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Biologics Drug Product Development group at our site in Oceanside, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience in laboratory work related to biologics.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Perform experiments pertaining to:
- Protein formulation/stability of various dosage forms (liquid/lyophilized) and configurations (vial/syringe), employing a variety of biochemical and biophysical analytical techniques, such as HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopy methods
- Scale-down/-up of biologics drug product processes
- In-use stability and administration
- Author protocols, technical summary reports/memos and tech transfer documentation defining the manufacturing process and parameters
- Review Master Batch Records for accuracy, trend process data and evaluate new technologies supporting process development or fill/finish manufacturing operations
- Execute studies in support of drug product technology transfers to clinical and commercial manufacturing sites
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results at departments/meetings in both written and presentation format.
- Be self-motivated, organized, thrive in team settings and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, as well as be familiar with the relevant technical literature.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering (or a related engineering discipline) or Pharmaceutical Sciences, and relevant industry experience that demonstrates expertise in drug product development as well as sustained excellence in performance and accomplishments that align to company goals.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ industry experience with BS degree or 0-2 years’ industry experience with MS degree in related Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences discipline.
- A basic understanding of formulation and drug product process development for biologics (antibodies, fusion proteins, bi-specifics, vaccines, antibody drug conjugates, etc.).
- Previous experience interfacing with biologics drug product manufacturing sites and providing technical support during engineering runs/GMP operations is a plus.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
* This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue.
For jobs in the United States:
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.