As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
About the Job:
As a Senior Project Manager, you will own multiple workstreams within simultaneous projects by working on developing standardized reporting, dashboards, metrics, and processes to support multiple concurrent Activation projects at Target. These projects will result in an enhanced Guest experience by increasing the speed and accuracy of processing of goods through the internal supply chain. Your time will be spent developing processes and dashboards, training partners on utilization, participating in cross functional project meetings, and supporting onsite teams throughout project execution. The initial assignment will be based on careful consideration of the candidate’s previous experience along with the candidate’s own personal and professional career aspirations. This position will report to the Director of Activation Engineering.
- Develop, test, update and maintain project’s Owner Furnished Equipment (OFME) management tools.
- Monitor and track end to end procurement progress of equipment and supplies for projects with budgets of up to $500M+
- Analyze SAP and Smartsheet reports and provide recommendations to proactively resolve issues regarding procurement, project equipment and supplies deliveries, and vendor performance.
- Support Activation project team with managing and tracking budgets, equipment procurement and deliveries by developing and using standard tools
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop dashboards, and reports to support the standardization of project management across Activation teams
- Communicate and validate 3rd party vendor scope requirements with relevant stakeholders and support the management of 3rd party vendors supporting Activations across multiple projects
- Understand the ripple effect of decisions and gather inputs from impacted parties to make data driven decisions
- Provide project level inputs to cross functional teams and program management
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations & facility teams
- Support the roll out and training of project teams on standard tools and systems across Activation
- Assist projects with deployment of OFME and other project management tools
- Collect lessons learned from partner teams and improve process, dashboards, and reports
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain, Project Management or Procurement
- 3 or more years of combined experience in procurement, supply chain and/or distribution and logistics
- Proven ability to use data to measure and improve operational outcomes
- Experience developing reports, dashboards, and standard project management tools
- Experience developing training materials
- Highly organized
- Experience with project management strategies required for complex and dynamic projects with very short lead times.
- Candidate must be capable of working with minimal supervision or direction.
- Ability to problem solve, create project plans, and deliver results
- Desire to learn new capabilities and enable others to do the same
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels.
- Proficiency with standard project planning software applications
- Ability to travel – up to 25%
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences
- Experience with Excel, SharePoint, SAP and SmartSheet highly desired
- Experience developing training materials
- Experience using Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
- Experience with distribution and/or logistics process flows & operations
- Project management professional “PMP” training