View job on Handshake
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Senior Programmer Analyst to join their team in your choice of Iron Mountain, Michigan or remotely from anywhere in the United States.
The ideal person for this position is experienced in all aspects of system development and design and making modifications to production systems as needed.
- Provide programming support including coding, testing and designing new systems and solutions.
- Help mentor fellow staff programmers when designing and developing applications/systems.
- Make estimates on project requirements.
- Generate statistics and write reports as needed.
- Comply with programming/documentation standards when creating new programs, procedures, modifications, creating files, creating dictionaries and creating reports; notify stakeholders of documentation for processes requiring related support.
- Provide application/system support in a timely fashion; coordinate with vendors when assistance is required.
- Self-motivated problem solver who actively participates in conceptualizing and developing new software programs/applications.
- Assist in defining, developing and documenting software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment and computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
- Stay current and adhere to hospital policies and procedures as well as data privacy laws and best practices.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $34.55 – $50.10 per hour based on experience. In addition, position offers medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Software Development or a directly related field required.
- 3 years’ experience in detailed system analysis, design, and supporting applications on a mainframe, mid-range, or mini-computer platform preferred.
- Strong understanding of coding methods and best practices; programming experience writing code using Microsoft Excel advanced macros & formulas, Microsoft Access, SSRS, VB.NET (C# preferred); knowledge converting Crystal Reports to VB6 a plus.
- Experience with Windows Server, IBM AIX and Linux operating systems and/or hospital operating system administration required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL database preferred; Oracle a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with networking technology (TCP/IP), domain name system (DNS), FTP, TelNet and other network services a plus.
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and team player.
- You are creative and organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, utilize time effectively, and quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.