Catholic Health (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region’s finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Provides analytical support to all CHSLI Planning Department business analyses, and presentation development for executive leadership, including the following aspects: 1) integrating and validating internal (e.g., STAR, EPSI, EPIC), 2) external data (e.g., HANYS Market Expert, Crimson Market Advantage, Advisory Board Market Scenario Planner), and 3) researching related information to assist in formulating decisions. Works broadly to support data for multiple internal business partners, including leadership at the hospitals, service lines, medical group, continuing care delivery system and the executive leadership team.
- Ability to incorporate competitive and marketplace intelligence from external sources as part of overall strategic recommendations to the system initiatives, including market share data, physician profiling, market projections, and market research.
- Understands historical and future market projections and supporting background research to develop information around key business initiatives being investigated.
- Ability to utilize multiple report generation databases and manipulate the data output into pivot tables to further analyze and present data in a clear and understandable format.
- Understands the impacts of health system finances and operations essential to program and business planning.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize data from multiple sources into actionable reports and supporting presentations.
- Ability to use external databases to develop market share level reports by region, zip code service areas, service lines, hospital entities, physician profiles and discharge type/procedures.
- Execute on physician profile development to include key data for targeted opportunities, including utilizing Crimson Market Share Advantage, Advisory Board Market Scenario Planner and HANYS Market Expert to create a standardized profile.
- Understand market projections and supporting background research to develop information around key business initiatives being investigated.
- Assist in the development of key presentations using Power Point and various other programs to display information in a cohesive manner.
- Track critical statistics on scorecards and dashboards that are developed related to System Strategic Plan and monitoring goals and measures of success for Executive team
- Ability to communicate openly, clearly, persuasively, and concisely intradepartmental, as well as, inter-organizationally both in writing and verbally preferred.
- Keep current on legislative and industry changes that may impact various health related programs.
- Participate in special projects as necessary.
- Demonstrates initiative to carry out assigned responsibilities, keeping constantly alert to new strategic planning and/or research/evaluation opportunities, techniques, and approaches preferred.
- Demonstrates professionalism, poise, and authority along with promoting a strong sense of teamwork, purpose, and team spirit relative to internal planning efforts are preferred.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred in business/hospital administration, health services administration (management), or related field required.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Other programs as required. Strong Data and Analytical Skills.
- Stamina and an ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Mental alertness, at times requires critical thinking under stressful situations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience Master’s degree in social sciences, marketing research, business/hospital administration, health services administration (management), or related field preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.