The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join their Finance and Business Intelligence team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position plays a critical role in providing senior leadership insight into historical and forward-looking financial performance, and analysis of variances. The ideal candidate is committed to excellence as we strive to become an employer of choice and the premier healthcare provider in the region.
- Prepare, update, and maintain KPIs and other tracked metrics.
- Provide concise and insightful commentary on financial and operational results.
- Analyze financial and operational data; identify trends; make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Lead physician services budget planning process (prepare, consult with stakeholders, analyze, complete reports).
- Communicate effectively with leadership in order to understand and explain financial results; highlight opportunities and risks.
- Actively participate on the Business Intelligence Team.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $65,707 – $95,284 annually based on your knowledge and experience along with medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a directly related finance field required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with financial analysis, data analysis and presentation of information required; preference given to candidates with hospital/medical financial experience.
- Strong background using various data aggregation and statistical tools.
- Advanced to expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Ability to effectively update, analyze, monitor, and run multiple financial scenarios on large data sets required.
- Knowledge of provider based and rural health clinic billing helpful.
- Knowledge of professional and technical reimbursement helpful.
- Professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence, and discretion.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.